If you are attempting to make a reservation for an overseas property, but encountered an error message stating "Failed to create payment" after entering your credit card information, please refer to the following possible causes and our suggested solutions.
The reservation may have failed to be created as the payment was not able to go through, and placed on "Hold" by the card issuer. This may occur in certain scenarios where the card issuer would require verbal/physical confirmation by the cardholder to approve the payment.
Some scenarios where this may occur are (but not limited to):
- A high value transaction is attempted
- Unusual small testing amounts is attempted
- Charge for an unusual international transaction is attempted
We recommend that you contact your card issuer directly to confirm/authorize the charge you were attempting previously before re-attempting creating your reservation.
It may be helpful to provide the following information to the card issuer about your upcoming charge:
- Estimated date and time you are planning to create your reservation/transaction for
- The name of the property you are intending to reserve for
- Mention that you are intending to make the reservation through TableCheck's platform
- Mention if this transaction is a prepayment charge or a pre-authorization hold
(this will be mentioned on TableCheck's booking screen when credit card information is prompted)
- Amount of the transaction
The card issuer's (please note that card issuers refer to payment services such as VISA, Mastercard, American Express etc. and not your issuing bank) contact number can usually be found printed at the back-side of your card.
- If you are informed by your card issuer that the card/transaction is blocked as the billing address of the merchant cannot be verified, kindly just relay that the transaction and reservation for the merchant is being made through TableCheck along with the intended transaction amount, and request they pre-approve the transaction to be able to proceed accordingly.
- Specific reasons as to why card issuers block certain transactions are never disclosed to third parties like TableCheck as each card issuer may have their own set of screening criteria to prevent potential fraud. Therefore, should you require more information on the matter, we ask that you seek out your card issuer directly for the necessary details.
For information on other error messages, you may also refer to the following article: